There are trial (fully functional) versions of software that I would recommend at: Typically 30 days. In your spare time you may wish to try
- http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/ - UML, Diagramming (Beats Visio), Sequence diagrams, State diagrams, Importing of code (JAVA,C#, SQL) etc. "Rationale Rose" at 1% of the per seat price...
- http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/download/ C# code analysis
- http://www.devexpress.com/Downloads/Visual_Studio_Add-in/ C#
- http://www.mztools.com/v3/download.aspx (FREEWARE Version available) C#
- http://www.telerik.com/account/free-trials/trial-product-versions/single-trial.aspx?pmvid=0&pid=717 C#
- http://submain.com/download/ C#
You may wish to download, install and "use the beegeeves out of each for 30 days" and then send summary to your significant others….
It is good to get your Christmas Wish List in early,,,,